The Committee set out several objectives for the duration of their mandate in 2014-2016:
- Create a list of Polonia youth and young adult organisations in Canada and make it available on the CPC website: kpk.org
- Survey youth and young adults about their sentiments on being Polish-Canadian, the role of the Canadian Polish Congress, and the role of Polish culture in their lives
- Serve as a bridge for Polonia youth and young adult organizations and the CPC.
- Host online Youth Forum discussion meetings.
- Increase youth and young adult participation in the life of Polonia and the CPC.
- Encourage membership of youth organizations in the CPC.
- Create a social media (Facebook) networking group to increase awareness of Polonia projects across Canada and serve as catalyst for collaboration and the exchange of ideas.
- Host a concurrent youth congress at the time of the Canadian Polish Congress AGM.
- Create opportunities for mentorship between experienced Polonia and the younger generation.
- Serve as a platform that youth and adult organization can trust and turn to for help when faced with challenges.
Several of these objectives were met, some are still a work in progress. These will be discussed in more depth at the 2016 AGM in Hamilton.